DFW AIRPORT MOBILE APP
DFW Airport bravely entered the world of mobile applications by developing a DFWspecificapp with several unique features. It’s a crowded marketplace, and research showed that people rarely use more than one app to help with travel. ABI stepped up to launch the app and simultaneously raise its profile via public relations channels. Our goal was to achieve 10,000 downloads three months after launch.
We clearly communicated the advantages of downloading the DFW app to the target audience in a colorful, consumer-focused campaign. We branded earbuds and street teams, dressed in t-shirts based on the concept, passed out a print brochure and the giveaway when a traveler downloaded the app. Then, we got working on the media coverage. Although we just began, we’ve already secured coverage from the area’s #1 ranked television show, Telemundo and several community publications, both online and print. We split our efforts between hyper-localized publications and general coverage.
• More than 22,000 downloads to date
• Street teams have distributed more than 8,000 pairs of earbuds
• Media coverage from Fox 4 News – the Metro area’s #1 news station, Informaté and KLIF 570 News radio.
• Customers are ecstatic!
– “I already got the app from you guys the last time I was here, and I’m using it right now.”
– “So this will tell us where can we find ice cream? Can your app find it for us? Then let’s hurry up and download it!”
– “I fly in and out of here often; Dallas is like my second home. Someone should have told me about this app sooner. “